CENTER VALLEY, Pa. – Navy senior Zach Piedt become named the Patriot League Men’s Swimming and Diving Scholar-Athlete of the Year for the second one consecutive yr even as Navy junior Jamie Miller become named the ladies’ swimming and diving scholar-athlete of the year while instructional honors have been announced with the aid of the League workplace.
The pair have also been named to the respective Academic All-Patriot League Teams, created from 10 male and ten female swimming and diving pupil-athletes. Seven of the ten schools were represented on this yr’s Academic All-Patriot League guys’ and women’s teams with Navy placing seven members at the blended groups (5 men, women).
2018-19 Patriot League Men’s Swimming and Diving Scholar-Athlete of the Year
Zach Piedt, Navy, Sr., Fort Mill, S.C./Fort Mill
* Piedt is operating closer to a diploma in Computer Science and holds a 3.Ninety seven GPA. The senior posted a 4.00 GPA in each of his closing six finished semesters and is ranked 24th in his magnificence.
* The two-time guys’ swimming and diving student-athlete turned into also named to the 2019 First-Team All-Patriot League for placing 2d within the one hundred-yard butterfly (47.65) and the 100-backyard freestyle (forty four.17) at this years’ Patriot League Championship.
* He was part of the first-region two hundred-yard medley relay team, as well as the second one-region 200-backyard freestyle relay, 400-backyard freestyle relay, and 400-backyard medley relay teams.
* Piedt become named to the first-group all-League in 2018 and acquired 2d-team all-League accolades in each 2017 and 2016.
2018-19 Patriot League Women’s Swimming and Diving Scholar-Athlete of the Year
Jamie Miller, Navy, Jr., Rochester Hills, Mich./Adams
* Miller is an honors operations research fundamental and holds a three.93 GPA, posting a four.00 GPA in three semesters and receiving instructional honors from the U.S. Naval Academy in all five of her finished semesters.
* The junior turned into named to the First-Team All-Patriot League in both 2018 and 2019.
* This season, she received the hundred-backyard backstroke (fifty four.07) and two hundred-backyard backstrokes (1: fifty six.67) at the Patriot League Swimming and Diving Championship. She additionally swam the backstroke leg of the prevailing four hundred-backyard medley relay.
Navy located five pupil-athletes on this 12 months’ men’s educational all-League group. Joining Piedt are teammates Daniel Cook (Quantitative Economics, 3.88), Luke Johnson (Chemistry, 3.Ninety three), Micah Oh (Mathematics, four.00) and Michael Velazquez (Physics, 3.Fifty three). Piedt, Velazquez, Army West Point’s Tom Ottman (Physics, three.Forty one) and Boston University’s Trevor Winans (Political Science, three.Seventy one) have been all named to their 1/3 instructional all-League crew. Rounding out the guys’ 10-member group is Liam Riebling (Public Relations and Strategic Communications, 3.89) from American, Kevin Fleck (Accounting, three.71) from Lehigh and John Callaghan (Mechanical Engineering, 3.42) from Loyola Maryland.
On the ladies’ side, Miller is joined by using fellow Midshipmen Stephanie Downing (Chemistry, three.Sixty seven). Army West Point’s Kara Wineinger (Mathematical Sciences, 3.96) become named to her 0.33 instructional all-League crew, and teammate Serica Hallstead (four.080) was named to her second. Loyola Maryland located three scholar-athletes on the group with Anne Hayburn (Accounting, 4.00), Emma Schouten (Finance, 3.534) and 2018 honoree Lindsay Staszewski (Biology, three.904). Julie Byrne (Early Childhood Education, three.Fifty eight) and Abigail Rosenberg (Managing for Sustainability, three.73) of Bucknell and Ann Foley (Industrial and Systems Engineering, three.63) of Lehigh earned their first instructional all-League recognition to make up the ladies’ 10-member group.
To be eligible for the Scholar-Athlete of the Year award and the Academic All-Patriot League Team, a pupil-athlete ought to have as a minimum a three.20 cumulative grade factor average and be a starter or key player in his/her recreation. Freshmen or students of their first academic yr at their faculty aren’t eligible for the respect.
The Patriot League Scholar-Athlete of the Year winner for every individual recreation incorporates the pool of nominees for the Corvias Patriot League Male and Female Scholar-Athlete of the Year awards given out over the summer. One male and one woman are decided on for the honors.
Patriot League Men’s Swimming & Diving Scholar-Athlete: Zach Piedt, Navy, Sr.
Patriot League Women’s Swimming & Diving Scholar-Athlete: Jamie Miller, Navy, Jr.
Men’s Academic All-League
Note: Listed in alphabetical order through college
Liam Riebling, American, So.
Tom Ottman, Army West Point, Sr.
Trevor Winans, Boston U., Sr.
Kevin Fleck, Lehigh, Jr.
John Callaghan, Loyola Maryland, Sr.
Daniel Cook, Navy, So.
Luke Johnson, Navy, So.
Micah Oh, Navy, So.
Zach Piedt, Navy, Sr.
Michael Velazquez, Navy, Sr.
Women’s Academic All-League
Note: Listed in alphabetical order using school
Serica Hallstead, Army West Point, Jr.
Kara Wineinger, Army West Point, Sr.
Julie Byrne, Bucknell, Sr.
Abigail Rosenberg, Bucknell, Sr.
Ann Foley, Lehigh, So.
Anne Hayburn, Loyola Maryland, Jr.
Emma Schouten, Loyola Maryland, So.
Lindsay Staszewski, Loyola Maryland, Sr.
Stephanie Downing, Navy, Jr.
Jamie Miller, Navy, Jr.
ABOUT THE PATRIOT LEAGUE
The Patriot League is in its third decade of instructional and athletic achievement, continually demonstrating that pupil-athletes can excel at each lecturer and athletics without sacrificing high requirements. The Patriot League’s athletic success is finished at the same time as its member establishments remain devoted to its founding principle of admitting and graduating pupil-athletes which can be academically consultant of their class. Participation in athletics at Patriot League establishments is regarded as an essential aspect of a well-rounded education.