A patch note is a specifically designed update process for a game. Rather than updating the whole match, patch notes are released for specific sites to update the parts or bug fixing. Thereby only updating the amount which needs changes. Overwatch is a 2016 game developed by Blizzard Entertainment. It’s a multiplayer first-person shooter game. The Overwatch 2 beta is live, and players are swarming into login. Let’s learn about the latest Overwatch 2 Patch notes in this article.
Overwatch 2 patch notes
The latest Overwatch patch notes are a long list, enough to scroll down. The patch note quotes “a more accurate and easier to read view of each player’s performance-related data.” many new features are included, but the scoreboard is the highlight of the updates. Yes, you heard it right! Overwatch has introduced the scoreboard by kicking out the fire and medal system.
Overwatch 2 patch notes: General
New game mode – push
A new mode called “push” has been introduced to the latest maps of Toronto and Rome. Both teams start the game and have to take control over the Treadweather TS-1 Large Utility Robot in this mode. After one team successfully takes control over the Treadweather TS-1 Large Utility Robot, it has to slowly push its barricades to the opposing team’s starting point. After the TS-1 and barricade reach the endpoint, the team wins the game.
Between the starting point of the robot and the endpoints of respective teams, there are checkpoints for both teams along their path. When a team takes over the TS-1, the checkpoint location activates. If in the meantime, the opposite team takes control of the TS-1, the robot staying in the same place reverses its direction towards the other team’s barricades.
If another team takes over the robot, the previous team’s checkpoint location is deactivated and is activated for the other team. After the checkpoint, both teams have 8 minutes to get to the endpoint and win the game. If none of the units can get the endpoint, the section closest to the endpoint and with the Treadweather TS-1 Large Utility Robot wins the game.
Assault Maps Removed
Another overwatch update is that all the maps have been removed in the assault play Monde, quick play, or competitive maps rotation. However, all the assault maps, including the Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, Volskaya, Paris, and Horizon Lunar Colony, are still available in the custom games and workshops.
A very impressive overwatch consists of 5v5. Now in modes such as Quick Play Classic, Open Role Queue, and arcade modes like CTF or Mystery Heroes, the number of players on each team is five instead of 6. This means more individual contributions and accessible communication with the team will increase the chances of winning. It also makes the game more fun.
The new Overwatch patch notes consist of the newly updated tab scoreboard. The tab scoreboard lets players see real-time statistics, including eliminations and deaths. helps the players have a more accurate and comprehensive coverage of the game statistics, improving the win rates. With this update, the game removed the fire and medal system as they are no longer required. This is because all the necessary information is provided through the tab scoreboard. You can easily access the players’ performance statistics with the tab scoreboard.
OVERWATCH 2 PATCH NOTES: SOUND
Weapon Sound Updates
- New weapon fire audio is available for all heroes
Environmental Audio Updates
- The new “Convolution Reverb” System enables the experience of a more realistic environments
- 3D Reverb –players can hear the environment in which their enemies are shooting in, giving more gameplay information
- Weapon and Explosion Tails –decaying weapons and explosions indicate the environment in which they happen.
- Debris Updates – players get a complete pass to have weapon impacts and explosions react to the surface that they impact
- Whiz-by Updates – new bullet pass by audio for ballistic weapons
- Speed of sound adjustments for very long-range crashes and explosions
UI Sound Updates
- A “Kill Stinger” sound for final blows is added
- A “Teammate Down” sound is also added to help you know when you .
- A consistent pass across all damage sounds is added
- Added impact sounds for various types of health such as regular, armor, shields, and over health.
Home Theater Mix
- Enhanced use of the subwoofer/LFE channel
- Enhanced multi-channel panning
- Teammate and Enemy Eliminated optional sounds
- Two new settings are introduced in the sound options if you want to turn on sound when a teammate or an enemy is eliminated as an indicator.
Audio Mix Options
- An option for Different audio mixes is now available for different standard settings (home theater, TV, headphones, etc.). This is an experimental further.
- unit impact sounds are also added that now correlate with the type of health pool you are impacting. This applies to all heroes regardless of what material type they are made of.
OVERWATCH 2 PATCH NOTES: FEATURES
- Enemy hero ping icons are using temporary art.
- Improved controller support is being developed.
- Text-to-speech placeholders are available for some pings as the recording process is finished.
- Localization is only partially complete for a few languages.
Heads-up Display (HUD)
- Visual updates to some Hero HUD items and in-game HUD elements
- Some elements of the HUD have not been addressed entirely yet.