The green flag waves on a brand new chapter of dust-song racing legacy within the Central Valley Saturday nighttime at Keller Auto Speedway. For the first time, the Central Valley’s maximum iconic and enduring dust tracks have teamed as host a lucrative, conjoined championship series. The all-new Kings of Thunder Winged 360 Sprint Car series spans 14 races, between Keller Auto Speedway and The Merle Stone Chevrolet Thunderbowl.
Round, one of the inaugural King of Thunder campaigns, kicks off Saturday night at Keller Auto Speedway in Hanford. Eight activities are scheduled to take area at Keller Auto Speedway, starting with Saturday’s starting round. From there, the series shifts to Merle Stone Chevrolet Thunderbowl Raceway jogging along with the World of Outlaws Saturday, March nine.
“We are without a doubt excited to form this two-song collection for the imminent 2019 season,” Brandon “Bubby” Morse, promoter of Keller Auto Speedway, stated. “We have a great institution of racers down here within the Central Valley and truly agree with this can upload a lift to the Winged 360 Sprint Car applications at both Keller Auto Speedway and Thunderbowl Raceway.” The new series might contest for a $10,000 championship prize and be crowned the inaugural “King of Thunder.” The collection permits two throwaway races to deal with nearby racers competing in visiting series. In all, there are the handiest three overall conflicts with other California series all yr.
For Thunderbowl Raceway, a standalone collection is something it’s in no way had to rely on with the sizeable reputation of the occasions that do go to the music. However current boom and recognition of upstart 360 collections and the level of weekly opposition at other California tracks, the flow changed into first-class to take the Central Valley back to racing prominence. “This is certainly an effective step for all concerned by way of tying in a Winged 360 Sprint Car point series for each Hanford and Tulare,” Scott Woodhouse, Thunderbowl Raceway Director of Events, stated. “The groups we’ve spoken with already are very enthused about the Kings of Thunder Series, and we hope to see it develop.”
Central Valley standouts are expected to be out in full pressure, together with multi-time Keller Auto Speedway winners DJ Netto and Dominic Scelzi, Also predicted is last yr’s Kings Speedway track champion, Mathew Moles, and collection runner-up Cole Macedo, who might be using the notorious, Easton based Tarlton 21. The collection is also expected to be contested with the aid of the next era — sons of former track champions. Of them are together with Tucker Worth, the son of the former champ, Tim Worth. Steven Kent, son of 4-time Kings Speedway Champion, Steve Kent. Mitchell Faccinto, the two-time and son of an 8-time champion, Monte Faccinto.
It all begins Saturday night with a spherical one of the inaugural Kings of Thunder Winged 360 series from Kings Speedway. In addition to the 360 Sprints can be IMCA sports mod Division and the Western Race Saver 305 magnificence. Pit gates open at 1 p.M., the price tag sales space opens at four p.M.
Kings of Thunder Winged 360 Sprint Car Series 2019 agenda
1. Saturday, February 23: Keller Auto Speedway
2. Saturday, March 9: Merle Stone Chevrolet Thunderbowl Raceway (alongside World of Outlaws)
3. Saturday, April 20: Keller Auto Speedway
4. Saturday, April 27: Merle Stone Chevrolet Thunderbowl Raceway
5. Saturday, May 4: Merle Stone Chevrolet Thunderbowl Raceway
6. Saturday, May 11: Keller Auto Speedway
7. Friday, May 17: Merle Stone Chevrolet Thunderbowl Raceway (Peter Murphy Classic with SCCT)
8. Saturday, May 18: Merle Stone Chevrolet Thunderbowl Raceway (Peter Murphy Classic with SCCT)
9. Saturday, June 15: Keller Auto Speedway (with Sprint Car Challenge Tour)
10. Saturday, June 22: Keller Auto Speedway
11. Saturday, August 10: Keller Auto Speedway
12. Saturday, September 7: Keller Auto Speedway
13. Saturday, September 28: Merle Stone Chevrolet Thunderbowl Raceway
14. Saturday, October 12: Keller Auto Speedway (Cotton Classic with SCCT)
Saturday, November 16: Keller Auto Speedway (Winged 360 Turkey Night non-points)