Indonesia and DPR Korea have been provided quota places each, one of each gender, for the archery competitions on the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games from the consequences of the closing Asian Games, which had been held in Jakarta in late 2018.

The four available spots were assigned considering the outcomes of the 2019 Hyundai World Archery Championships.

According to the Olympic qualification method, up to 4 quota places are awarded at each of the African, Pan American, Asian, European and Pacific Games. They are offered to the international locations of the top-ranked recurve mixed team, and top-ranked recurve women and men that represent a country not already certified. The individual spots are most useful to be had at the Asian, European, and Pan American Games.

(Spaces are restricted to the pinnacle four finishers. Any leftover spots are introduced to the final qualification event.)

At the 2018 Asian Games, DPR Korea’s Pak Yongwon and Kang Un Ju completed 2d to Japan inside the recurve combined crew opposition. Since Japan will acquire the host country’s complete quota on the stop of the qualification system, DPR Korea gets the mixed crew spot from Jakarta.

Korea’s Kim Woojin and Lee Woo Seok came first, and 2nd in the recurve men’s competition – however, Korea certified a complete team at the world championships. Third-located Riau Ega Agatha of Indonesia gets the guys’ quota region for the Games.

Agatha famously upset Woojin inside the second spherical at the Olympics in 2016.

His teammate Diananda Choirunisa lost the recurve women’s gold medal healthy to China’s Zhang Xinyan in Jakarta – but once more, China secured a total group quota inside the girls’ competition at the worlds, so Indonesia collects the spot.

The next possibility for athletes to win quota places for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games is the 2019 European Games in Minsk, Belarus. As the Asian Games, as much as four locations are to be had. Only European archers are competing.

The Philippine Olympic Committee’s (POC) bylaws ought to be advanced after the committee’s power vacuum almost affected the use of a’s hosting of the upcoming thirtieth Southeast Asian Games.

POC Secretary-General Atty. Charlie Ho said the govt board ought to start taking into consideration converting the rules of the POC after arrangements for the SEA Games have been almost set apart in choose of the elections of pinnacle posts in the POC.

“I suppose we have to observe the root reason of ways all of this started. And all of those began with questions that had been brought to our former president Ricky Vargas,” Ho advised ANC.

“As of today, none of these questions has been addressed. So so that you can get anyone back collectively and unite anybody, these kinds of problems and questions will be resolved.”

The POC presidency changed into held via Ricky Vargas, who stepped down on June 18 while he turned into quizzed approximately his dealings with the Philippine Southeast Asian Games Organizing Committee (Phisgoc) basis that went on without the POC govt board’s approval.

The unique election for the vacated position changed into due to being held closing Jul. 5, however, it was postponed after the International Olympic Committee (IOC) stepped in and ordered to resolve the POC’s internal troubles properly.

“With the intervention of IOC, they may be sending an observer to guide and supervise our activities and our elections,” Ho said.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *